Written by an Exclusive Buyers Agent in Sarasota and an excellent blog for all home buyers. Definitely a “must read”.
Eve, an Exclusive Buyers Agent in Orlando
Buying a home is very exciting, and sometimes, a bit daunting, too. So here are a few tips for buyers on relieving stress in the home-buying process.
- Exclusive Buyers Agent (EBA) Never heard of EBAs? Then now’s the time to find out. An Exclusive Buyers Agent (EBA) is a real estate agent who solely looks out for the interests of home buyers (not sellers). We are experts on the home buying process, from initial search to closing, negotiating the best deal and terms on behalf of buyers only. We’re also experts at giving tours (real or virtual) to help you discover the neighborhoods and properties that are perfect for you An EBA can do a lot of preliminary legwork for you, and guide you step-by-step through the real estate process. Read what experts say about EBAs.
- Preparation. Get approved for a mortgage right away. This will ease your mind on how much home you can afford, allowing you to focus on the properties available in your range.
- Opinions. It’s nice to get the opinion of friends and family on a property, but if they are not going to live there, try to keep these opinions to a minimum. Too many conflicting opinions can get confusing and even make you unsure of your own.
- Location First. Enlist the help of your EBA to target neighborhoods that fit your needs and lifestyle. You don’t want to waste your time or energy falling in love with a home in a neighborhood where the noise-level, environment, etc. simply aren’t workable for you.
- Don’t Expect Perfection. Every house has flaws and foibles, just like humans do. If you seek perfection, you may miss the opportunity in front of you. Make a list of must-haves, and focus on what is most important to you.
- Budget. Even in a new home, there will be some inevitable upkeep costs. When calculating the cost of owning a home, don’t forget to include the cost of normal maintenance and repairs in your post-purchase budget. This will keep you from being unduly surprised after the fact.
- Buyer’s Remorse. Expect it and accept it, but know that it passes. Buying a home, particularly a first home, is a huge commitment, and even after the fact, you may have a moment of “cold feet.” Try to focus on the long-term benefits of your home, not the short-term flaws.
- True Love. Make sure you buy a home for one reason, and one reason only… because you love it! If you are going to live there, real estate appreciation and property value should be less important considerations than your overall quality of life.
At True Sarasota Real Estate, we assist in every aspect of your home buying process in Sarasota, Florida. As Exclusive Buyer Agents, we make buying recommendations based entirely upon your needs, plans, and inclinations. Contact True Real Estate today to discover for yourself the exclusive buyers agent advantage.