Home investor in Orlando? Please don’t read this…
Recently there was a question posted to a Florida Real Estate forum where a new home investor asked if they could make money investing in Central Florida Real Estate. I was shocked at the realtors answers that overwhelmingly said “Sure, no problem” “of course you can…Absolutely”!
Here is my “Orlando Real Estate Investor” answer: “It just depends…”
There are many Real Estate Investors in Orlando today that think they can leverage the property, close on it with OPM (Other People’s Money) and start making money tomorrow…Oh, how I wish!
Making money on real estate investments is not as easy as they say on TV and I say it “just depends”…maybe or maybe not. Here are some things to consider:
What are your home investment goals?
- What are you buying, a house, townhouse, or condo?
- Buy a Property to hold, to flip, to rent? Long term or short term?
- What part of town are you buying the investment property in?
- What kind of profit do you need or hope to make on your real estate investment?
- How much cash are you working with?
- How much extra cash is available for unforeseen problems with the investor property?
- Who is doing the labor ? You? Or will you have to pay to have all the work done on the property?
- Do you need the rental income from the property to pay the mortgage or over head?
- Do you have the guts to tell a tenant to pay up or get out? Or fire your property manager?
Answers to the above questions will determine if a home investor in Orlando will make money….
So if you are an Home Investor in Orlando and did read this….The real answer to MAKING MONEY ON INVESTING IN REAL ESTATE IN ORLANDO IS : “IT JUST DEPENDS”
For a no baloney, straight shootin, no bull, honest answer, call me…
Copyright @ Buyers Broker of Florida 2012 “Home investor in Orlando? Please don’t read this…”